FIREWOOD & WOODCHIP
Firewood delivery throughout the Bay. Its never too early to be prepared with your firewood supply.
Firewood – Minimum delivery is 2 cube and can offer any amount delivered up to 14 cube at one time. As accredited WINZ suppliers, we can provide WINZ quotes. The mix of Oak, Gum, Pine, London Plane, Liquid Amber will keep your home warm and dry.
We deliver and provide WINZ quotes for the Whakatane region and Eastern Bay including the following suburbs. Whakatane, Ohope, Coastlands, Awakeri, Opotiki, Edgecumbe, Matata, Otakiri, Kawerau, Rotoma and Pukehina.
Tips and Tricks for Fireplace Maintenance
- Check the firebox for cracks and loosening joints. In a masonry fireplace also check for damage to bricks and mortar. Make minor repairs to firebox joints and cracks using refractory cement; it’s designed to handle the extreme heat conditions in a fireplace and it’s readily available at fireplace stores.
- Open the damper completely. It should move freely and sit snugly against the throat. Make sure the metal is solid with no cracks, severe pitting, or rusted-through sections. Replacing a damper is not a do-it-yourself job; if the damper is in bad shape, hire a professional to replace it.
- Using a high-powered flashlight or work light, look up the flue to check for damage. Metal flue liners should be clean and the joints well aligned. Tile or masonry flue liners should be solid and free of cracks. All repairs should be done by a certified professional.
- Make sure the chimney is unobstructed of leaves and other debris that may have fallen into the chimney. Chimneys are also favourite nesting places for birds, even if it’s only been a few months since the fireplace was last used.
- If you can’t see the entire flue from below, you’ll have to check from the roof. If you’re at all uncomfortable doing this or have no experience working on a roof, hire a professional chimney sweep to inspect and clean the chimney.
Fresh, Dry Clean Wood Chips ready to be delivered onto farm for calving pens.
Prefect for calving pens we have wood chip ready to be delivered straight onto farm. Avoid paying high prices as the woodchip is our sustainable organic bi-product.